The Assembly will take place on the 25-27 October 2011, in Vanderbiljpark, Gauteng.
b The Citizens Assembly aims is to:
- Bring together citizens who are actively involved in struggles for water quality.
- Create an atmosphere of solidarity, so that citizens groups can work together
- Understand current water quality issues and make resources available to encourage such understanding
- Understand what support is available to active citizens in the water quality arena.
- Create an opportunity for citizens and their organisations to design campaigns and working in Solidarity.
- Create space for citizens energy in catchment management.
- Deal, as citizens, with water quality issues.
On the 25th October 2011, there will be tour to the water hot spot areas. Delegate outside Vaal Triangle will observe how water is contaminated and communities will share their experiences on water quality related struggles.